Golf Shop Associate
|Position Title:||Golf Shop Associate|
|Reports To:||Director of Golf and PGA Professionals|
|Classification:||Hourly, Non-Exempt, Full Time Year Round|
The Golf Shop Associate assists the Director of Golf, Head Golf Professional, First Assistant Professional, and Lead Merchandiser with all golf shop activities and outside services operations and is responsible for ensuring that members and guests receive outstanding True Service™ customer service, which meets or exceeds expectations. The Golf Shop Associate is instrumental in organizing tee times, managing phones, and implementing golf events, tournaments, outings, leagues, and other golf programs designed to improve the Club’s products and services as well as its competitive position in the marketplace.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in implementing applicable Company operating, human resources, and safety policies and procedures pertaining to golf shop and guest service activities. Ensure procedures are followed to open, close and secure the golf shop and storage buildings.
- Handle cash flow in the golf shop, ensuring that cash and credit card charges balance with sales receipts in accordance with operating procedures.
- Ensure that the golf shop, player host stand, storage areas, cart shed, and grounds are maintained per Company cleanliness and appearance standards.
- Maintain clean, presentable, and fully stocked merchandise displays.
- Be fully knowledgeable of golf shop merchandise. Sell merchandise and/or provide suggestions to patrons as appropriate to meet their needs.
- Assist with physical inventory at month end in accordance with inventory procedures.
- Ensure accurate tracking of types and quantity of golf rounds played. Monitor customer preferences, usage patterns, and satisfaction with Company products and services. Assess the quality of internal and/or external customer service and speed of play. Recommend plans for continued improvement.
- Interact with pass-holders, members and guests in a congenial and professional manner.
- Maintain pleasant and professional telephone manner at all times. Schedule tee times and handle customer inquiries and/or complaints in accordance with operating policies and procedures.
- Assist with organizing and implementing tournaments, group outings, and special events.
- Ensure efficient operation and coordination of golf shop, cart service, and other services as applicable.
- Assess quality of customer service and speed of play.
- Assure the efficient and timely submission of all required reports.
- Perform additional duties as required.
- Some college, preferred.
- Min 2 years’ experience in the golf or hospitality industry preferred.
- Demonstrated experience and capability in the areas of retailing, marketing, and/or sales, customer service, and guest relations preferred.
- Demonstrated quality written, verbal, interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends.
- Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
- Requires valid Driver License.
Work together with all the club staff,restaurant staff, and golf course personnel.
Work hours may include days and evenings on weekdays and weekends. Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions. May be exposed to inclement weather, potentially dangerous chemicals, solvents, pesticides, herbicides, and fertilizers, misdirected golf balls, sharp and rapid equipment movement on a daily basis. Injury may result as a result of exposure to the above if safety policies and practices are not properly followed.
General office machines such as keyboards, personal computers, printers, copiers, fax machines, calculators, telephones, etc. Golf clubs, golf cars, and shuttle vehicles.
Standards of Performance
Employees are expected to follow the company policies at all times. This includes, but is not limited to, attendance standards, alcohol and drugs, confidentiality (and conflict of interest), dress and personal appearance, telephone use and safety procedures. Please refer to your employee handbook for specific guidelines to these policies.
Must have the ability to
- Read and write (English)
- Communicate verbally with staff members and/or customers with or without the use of two-way radios.
- Give and/or follow verbal and written instructions
- Supervise subordinates
- Visually inspect all work areas, golf course and grounds
- See players on the golf course and follow the flight of golf balls
- Operate vehicles and equipment for several hours at a time
- Perform mathematical calculations involving fractions, decimals, and percentages
- Retrieve, read and interpret information from technical sources
- Stand, walk, push, pull, lift, grasp, bend and kneel for up to 5 hours at a time
- Lift up to 150 lbs occasionally, 50 lbs frequently, and 20 lbs constantly
|<< Previous||[Back to List]||Next >>|