|Position Title:||Equipment Operator|
|Department:||Golf Course Maintenance|
|Reports To:||Golf Course Superintendent/Assistant Superintendent|
|Classification:||Hourly, Non-Exempt, Full Time Year Round|
Equipment Operator, under the supervision of the Assistant Superintendent or Foreman, perform routine manual labor involved in golf course maintenance; do semi-skilled grounds construction and maintenance work; operate small hand-powered equipment; and occasionally perform work involving large equipment such as tractors, loaders and gang mowers. Each greens keeper may be assigned responsibility for the care and maintenance of several designated holes on the golf course and does related work as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Operates mowers and string trimmers in trimming greens, aprons, tees, around trees, fence lines banks and hillsides; edges cart paths; edges, rakes and maintains sand bunkers.
- Sets tee markers and cups on greens daily; maintains ball washers; replaces tee towels and flags when needed; removes debris; sands and seeds tee and drop area divots; and cleans flower beds.
- Maintain fuel and fluid levels for all types of equipment on a daily basis; reports equipment problems or failure to the equipment manager immediately.
- Returns all equipment to the designated location at the maintenance facility; and cleans the maintenance areas.
- Waters and fertilizers tees, greens and fairways, and under direct supervision of a certified applicator, sprays chemicals on landscaped areas.
- Under direction of the superintendent or Assistant Superintendent, the Greenskeeper marks the course for cart control weekly; moves cart control barriers and replaces worn out ropes and signs; and may mark hazard and drop areas.
- Helps in project work; assists in the construction of new greens, tees, and fairways; grades prepares soil base; lays sod; and seeds tees, greens and fairways.
- Requires knowledge methods and materials used in grounds and landscape area construction/maintenance work; working knowledge of and ability to use hand and power tools and equipment; ability to operate trucks and light motorized equipment; physical strength, stamina and agility to follow oral and written directions
- Requires valid driver’s license.
Work together with all the club staff, desert palette maintenance employees and golf course personnel.
Work hours may include day and evening on weekdays and weekends. Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions. May be exposed to inclement weather, potentially dangerous pesticides, herbicides and fertilizers, misdirected golf balls, sharp and rapid equipment movement. Injury may result as a result of exposure to the above if safety policies and practices are not properly followed at all times.
Greens mowers, rotary mowers, flymos, gang mowers, tri-plex mowers, vertical mowers, line trimmers, edgers, utility vehicles, back-pack blowers, portable pumps, aerifiers, spikers, mechanical top dressers, sod cutters, mechanical bunker rakes, tractors, sweepers, blades, loaders, backhoes, trenchers, and miscellaneous hand tools.
Standards of Performance
Employees are expected to follow the company policies at all times. This includes, but is not limited to, attendance standards, alcohol and drugs, confidentiality (and conflict of interest), dress and personal appearance, telephone use and safety procedures. Please refer to your employee handbook for specific guidelines to these policies.
Must have the ability to
- Give and receive verbal and written instructions
- Read and write (English or Native Language)
- Communicate verbally with staff and customers
- Visually inspect all work areas
- Stand, walk, push, pull, lift, grasp, bend and kneel for up to 5 hours at a time
- Lift up to 50 pounds occasionally, 25 pounds frequently and 10 pounds constantly.
|<< Previous||[Back to List]||Next >>|