|Position Title:||Banquet Server|
|Department:||Food and Beverage|
|Reports To:||Restaurant Manager|
|Classification:||Hourly, Non-Exempt, FT or PT|
Provide friendly, responsive service to create an exceptional dining experience for all of our guests. Each server’s primary objective is to show our guests such a marvelous time so they will want to return again and again.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Welcome and greet guests. Make all our guests feel comfortable and let them know you’re there to personally take care of them.
- Inform guests of specials and menu changes.
- Make recommendations you genuinely feel your guests will enjoy.
- Answer questions about our food, beverages and other restaurant functions and services.
- Take food and beverage orders from guests, enter orders in our point-of-sale system which relays orders to the kitchen and bar.
- Deliver food and beverages from kitchen and bar to guests in a timely matter.
- Perform side work at the start and end of each shift as required by service station assignment.
- Maintain clean service areas.
- Monitor and observe guests dining experience. Ensure guests are satisfied with the food and service. Respond promptly and courteously to any requests.
- Prepare final bill, present check to guest, accept payment, process credit card charges or make change (if applicable).
- Be ready and willing to assist fellow servers as situations arise.
- Be ready and willing to assist bus person with clearing and resetting tables.
- Thank guests for their visit and invite them to return.
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor.
- Be able to communicate and understand the predominant language(s) of our guests.
- Must have a basic knowledge of dining room and service procedures and functions.
- Possess basic math skills and have the ability to handle money and operate a point-of-sale system.
- Must possess a valid food handler’s card.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 5 hours).
- Be able to safely lift and easily maneuver trays of food frequently weighing up to 20 to 25 pounds.
Work hours may include days and evenings on weekdays and weekends. Work indoors in a restaurant/lounge environment, with some outdoor work involving patio, and on-course service. Will be exposed to sharp utensils, extremely hot stoves and grills, sharp and rapid equipment movements, hot food, potentially dangerous chemicals and solvents on a daily basis. Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions. May be exposed to inclement weather, potentially dangerous pesticides, herbicides and fertilizers, misdirected golf balls, sharp and rapid equipment movement. Injury may result as a result of exposure to the above if safety policies and practices are not properly followed at all times
Computers, serving trays, utensils, general kitchen equipment, etc
Must have the ability to:
- Give and receive verbal and written instructions
- Read and write (English)
- Communicate verbally with staff and customers
- Visually inspect all work areas
- Stand, walk, push, pull, lift, grasp, bend and kneel for up to 5 hours at a time
- Lift up to 50 pounds occasionally, 25 pounds frequently and 10 pounds constantly.
If you would like to apply for this position, please complete an employment application and submit your resume to Roberta Olden at [email protected].
|<< Previous||[Back to List]||Next >>|