Position Title: Cook
Department: Food and Beverage
Reports To: Executive Chef
Classification: Hourly, Non-Exempt, FT or PT
Accurately and efficiently cook meats, fish, vegetables, soups and other hot food products as well as prepare and portion food products prior to cooking. Also perform other duties in the areas of food and final plate preparation including plating and garnishing of cooked items and preparing appropriate garnishes for all hot menu item plates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
- Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
- Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
- Prepares item for broiling, grilling, frying, sautéing or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning and/or marinating.
- Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
- Handles, stores and rotates all products properly.
- Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
- Closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assists others in closing the kitchen.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Kitchen Manager or manager-on-duty
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in kitchen preparation and cooking.
- Must possess a valid food handler’s card.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 pounds.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 9 hours).
Work hours may include day and evening on weekdays and weekends. Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions. May be exposed to inclement weather, potentially dangerous pesticides, herbicides and fertilizers, misdirected golf balls, sharp and rapid equipment movement. Injury may result as a result of exposure to the above if safety policies and practices are not properly followed at all times.
Kitchen cooking equipment, etc.
Must have the ability to:
- Give and receive verbal and written instructions
- Read and write (English or Native Language)
- Communicate verbally with staff and customers
- Visually inspect all work areas
- Stand, walk, push, pull, lift, grasp, bend and kneel for up to 5 hours at a time
- Lift up to 50 pounds occasionally, 25 pounds frequently and 10 pounds constantly.
|<< Previous||[Back to List]||Next >>|