Position Title: Dishwasher
Department: Food and Beverage
Reports To: Kitchen Manager
Classification: Hourly, Non-Exempt, FT or PT
Wash and clean tableware, pots, pans and cooking equipment. Keep the dish room and equipment clean and organized.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Load, run and unload dish machine.
- Keep the dish machine clean and report any functional or mechanical problems immediately.
- Monitor dish machine water temperature to ensure sanitary wash cycle.
- Wash and store all tableware and kitchenware.
- Keep dish room clean and organized.
- Maintain adequate levels of clean tableware for dining room and kitchen.
- Bag and haul dish room trash to dumpster at designed times.
- Handle tableware carefully to prevent breakage and loss.
- Maintain adequate levels of dish detergents and cleaning supplies.
- Clean food preparation and production areas as required.
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor.
- No previous restaurant experience required.
- Be able to work in hot, wet, humid and loud environment for long periods of time.
- Be physically able to lift, reach, bend and stoop.
- Be able to working in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 5 hours).
- Be able to safely lift bags, cases and stacks weighing up to 60 pounds up to 30 times per shift.
- Must possess a valid food handler’s card.
Work hours may include day and evening on weekdays and weekends. Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions. May be exposed to inclement weather, potentially dangerous pesticides, herbicides and fertilizers, misdirected golf balls, sharp and rapid equipment movement. Injury may result as a result of exposure to the above if safety policies and practices are not properly followed at all times.
|[Back to List]||Next >>|